This weekend, July 6/7, elementary kicks off an exciting summer teaching series called Sailing the C’s. Sailing the C’s is an an eight-week video series teaching on 8 C’s: Character, Competence, Chemistry, Calling, Courage, Compassion, Commitment, and Celebration. Kids will enjoy watching hosts Craig, Natalie, and Alyssa as they sail on the ocean and learn about each C. Here’s an overview:
- Lesson 1 Character: James 1:3-4 (NLT) For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.
- Lesson 2 Competence: 2 Corinthians 3:5-6a (NIV) Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He made us competent as ministers.
- Lesson 3 Chemistry: Romans 12:10 (NIV) Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Lesson 4 Calling: Galatians 1:15 (GNT) But God in His grace chose me even before I was born, and called me to serve Him.
- Lesson 5 Courage: Joshua 1:9 (NLT) I command you, be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Lesson 6 Compassion: Ephesians 4:32 (NIV) Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- Lesson 7 Commitment: Proverbs 16:3 (NLT) Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
- Lesson 8 Celebration: John 10:10 (CEV) I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.
Watch the first video in the series which the kids will see this weekend.
Our teaching time will also include dynamic worship to get kids moving and praising God and interactive team competition. Your kids can score big for their summer teams by participating in our Summer Fun Days, coming dressed for weekly themes.
Following Large Group kids will have time in Small Groups to discuss what they learned and apply it to their own lives. But the learning doesn’t have to stop when they leave Kid’s Quest! Each week kids will receive a take-home sheet with a recap of the lesson and “To Do At Home” questions to answer with their families. If they bring it back completed the following week, they’ll earn points for their team and receive a prize. If you ever miss a week, visit our Curriculum Resources page to get caught up.
Also “enter into the action” at home by making use of our Family EnterAction Guide, a booklet filled with daily activities to help reinforce the lessons. Guides are available with your child’s Small Group Leader.