Our July missions project supports Operation Kindness (OKM), an MBC Ministry that provides God’s Word as well as physical comfort items to soliders deployed overseas via care packages. OKM also provides support to wounded-in-action soldiers who pass through the area military hospitals. There are 4 ways your family can be involved:
1. Pray: click here to learn more about Operation Kindness and specific needs.
2. Pick Up A Flag: at Smith Center (1st floor) or Cafe (2nd floor) check-in stations while supplies last to donate a specific item indicated on the flag’s sticker. Each flag has a sticker on it with a requested donation item to make care packagaes for soldiers. Take your kids shopping with you to purchase the item indicated and have them drop it off at the same check-in stations by July 28. If you don’t pick up a flag, you can just pick up one of these suggested items:
- AA batteries
- Beef jerky
- Tolietries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, shampoo)
- Christian literature
- Football, Soccer ball, Frisbee
- Snacks, gum, candy
- Boxed baby wipes
- Suncreen, Lip balm, repellant
- White socks (6-pair packs)
- Cards, Games, Crosswords
- Powdered Gatorade
3. Pack Boxes: assemble care packages for soldiers on the 2nd Tuesday of any month, upcoming dates are July 9 & August 13, at 7:00 pm in The Rock Gym. This is a great family service activity!
4. Write A Letter To A Soldier: click here to download and print one. Return completed cards to check-in stations.