For our next Kid’s Quest missions project we are partnering once again with Samaritan’s Purse to support Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 100 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of these simple shoebox gifts. Samaritan’s Purse also works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts, share the Gospel, and provide follow-up discipleship classes. Often entire families and sometimes entire villages come to know Jesus personally.
Here’s the video we’ll be sharing with your kids in Kid’s Quest.
This year we’re collecting a little differently than in previous years. Each month we’ll focus on something specific:
- August: school supplies
- September: tolietries & personal items
- October: all supplies (including empty shoe boxes and gift wrap) & completed boxes
SCHOOL SUPPLIES COLLECTION
“Hello. My name is Keryn and I was one of those who received a packed box. Thank you so much for that. The box I got was indeed perfect for me, I love it. I’m from the Phillippines. I’m a 7th grader and our classes just started this June. The contents of the box were so helpful as I didn’t have to buy a lot of school supplies anymore. Thank you so much.”
All ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project. This is a great opportunity for your whole family to participate in a service project together.
- PRAY for the children who will receive our boxes.
- DROP OFF new or lightly used pens, pencils, sharpeners, crayons, markers, colored pencils, stamps, note pads, chalk, water color paint & paint brushes, erasers, stencils, craft supplies, etc. Please no liquids such as paint or glue, no broken crayons, and no items with war-related imagery. Look for this collection box at Kid’s Quest check-in stations to drop off your supplies.
- GIVE offering to God to enable us to purchase additional school supplies.
- SAVE THE DATE for our Assembly Day on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 10:00 am in the Main Lobby where we will pack the shoe boxes.
Note: while it’s often faster and easier to shop for supplies without kids, we strongly reccommend taking them with you to take advantage of a teachable moment.
ARE YOU CRAFTY?
We have a collection of random craft supplies that we’d like to either make into gift items or package as craft kits to include in our shoe boxes. If you’re a crafty person able to help us make the most of these supplies, please contact Romney Short at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.